Thursday, November 5, 2015

What are you Focusing on? – Heaven or Earth?

Mark 11:24 (NKJV)
Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.

Last week I wrote about being focused. Today, I want to share an experience I had some years ago, when I was still in the University.

In my fourth year in the University sometime in the second semester, I started thinking about accommodation in my final year (fifth year). Though as final year students, we were entitled to accommodation provided by the school. However, I didn’t plan to stay in school accommodation; I wanted to stay in a rented apartment on campus, because it was more convenient and would help me concentrate more on my studies and project work, since there would be fewer people in the apartment.

My desire was to live in a rented Lecturers’ Boys’ Quarters (BQ) which was a prime area for students. I didn’t know of any lecturer to approach and make my request, but I have my heavenly Father. I prayed about it and asked the Lord to also give me 2 young ladies whose lives He wanted to touch as roommates.

Psalm 37:4-5 (NKJV)
4 Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass.

School resumed and I still hadn’t gotten a place to stay, I was going to school from my cousin’s house about 5 kilometers away. I trusted God and believed I would get a place. However, after a while, my faith started wavering, I was worried because there was no one to talk to about getting an accommodation. 

One morning before going to school, I began to talk to the Lord about the challenges I was facing. Guess what? The Lord said to me “In heaven, no one is worried or in panic about your accommodation challenges, there is a place for you.” I wondered - so heaven is not worried about my accommodation problem? I changed my prayers to “Lord direct me to the place you have provided already.” 

Photo credit: http://ginnyyttrup.com/
Shortly after, I met an old friend who had just resumed also, she told me she was looking for a roommate, because she had rented a BQ from a lecturer and was looking for someone to share the apartment with. I couldn’t believe my ears. She also said she had contacted another person, but the lady hadn’t accepted the offer yet.

I told her I was ready to move in, and that was how I got a place to stay in my final year. The other lady she approached eventually accepted the offer.

The Lord answered my prayer as I had requested and it was a beautiful year for us. The Lord touched our lives and it was one of my best years in the University. 

God is interested in everything that happens in our lives, He has made provision for our needs and desires that are according to His will for us. Choose to trust Him and see Him manifest in our lives, in ways we can never imagine. Even when we falter in our faith walk, don't give up, go back to Him and receive clarity, direction and even grace to sustain you until the manifestation of His promise in your life.

Note: In heaven, no one is worried about our challenges, the Lord has made provision, even before the need ever arose. Stay focused on Him. It is finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment