Friday, November 20, 2015

What are you Focusing on? Are you Sin Conscious or God Conscious?

Romans 5:8 (NKJV)
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

I usually take a short walk down the street to my house after closing from work, during these times, I like to pray in tongues or engage the Holy Spirit in conversations, so last week, as I was walking home I began to ask myself questions, my thoughts went thus… “I hope I didn’t commit any sin today”, “I hope I got everything right today”, my mind was focused on searching for any sin I had committed from morning until evening, the Holy Spirit suddenly interrupted my thoughts, He asked “Are you sin conscious or God conscious?” whilst it is not wrong to ask the Lord for forgiveness whenever we do wrong or fall short, it is wrong to keep our minds busy searching for sin continuously, what we behold is what we become.

If we keep focusing on our imperfections, we would never see or grasp what God has done for us. We are the righteousness of God in Christ in Jesus.

2 Corinthians 5:21 (NKJV)
21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

The word of God says …as we behold Him we become changed, not as we behold ourselves or imperfections.

2 Corinthians 3:18 (NKJV)
18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.

This transformation occurs as we spend time in His presence, studying and meditating on His word, fellowshipping with Him and keeping our minds focused on the truth of His word.

Philippians 4:8 (NKJV)
8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

Prayer
Dear Lord, please grant me grace to always keep my mind focused on you and your Word. In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment