Wednesday, October 28, 2015

What are you Focusing on?

Focus (noun)
1.
the centre of interest or activity.

2 Corinthians 4:18 (NKJV)
18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.


Last night I had a dream, I woke up this morning and couldn’t remember what it was. And I have no wisemen and magicians like Pharaoh or Nebuchadnezzar to issue an order to help me recollect my dream. So during my devotional time, I was trying very hard, digging into my memory bank to recall the dream. However the Holy Spirit interrupted my thoughts and said to me “I am here, why not focus on me, I am more important than the dream”. Suddenly it dawned on me that my devotional time, which I should have spent in fellowship with the Lord, I was being distracted by what I thought was more important, immediately I switched my thoughts and began to receive His thoughts for me for the day.
Photo credit: http://www.environicsinstitute.org

Sometimes when I read reports of what is going on in the nations of the world, the conflicts and wars, murders, lack of direction exhibited by young people, I feel very sad. One day as I was thinking about these events, the Lord asked me to change my focus. He led me to:

Isa 6:2-3 (NKJV)
In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple. 2 Above it stood seraphim; each one had six wings: with two he covered his face, with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3 And one cried to another and said:
“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts;
The whole earth is full of His glory!”

The whole earth is full of His glory, not was full or going to be full, but present continuously full of His glory!  
When we see things from His perspective, we would have no choice but to rejoice.
Elisha and his servant were surrounded by the Syrian army. Elisha’s servant was afraid, but Elisha asked the Lord to open the eyes of his servant and he saw things from a different perspective, which gave him courage.

2 Kings 6:15-16 (NKJV)
15 And when the servant of the man of God arose early and went out, there was an army, surrounding the city with horses and chariots. And his servant said to him, “Alas, my master! What shall we do?”
16 So he answered, “Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” 17 And Elisha prayed, and said, “Lord, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

We see this severally in the life of Jesus and his disciples. They had 5000 hungry men, excluding women and children who had just listened to Jesus’ message. A young boy had only five loaves and two fish, which could have been his lunch for the crusade he attended. But from heaven’s perspective, it was more than enough to feed the crowd. Jesus was not distracted by the problem or challenge. He lifted up His eyes and gave thanks; broke the bread and His disciples distributed the supply. At the end of the day, they had twelve baskets left.

Prayer
Dear Heavenly Father, please help me to always see things from your perspective. Grant me grace to remain calm and trust you that you are in control of everything. In Jesus Name. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment