Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Count it all Joy

James 1:2-4 (NKJV)
2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

Last week Wednesday, I boarded the public bus to the office, the weather looked okay from the bus stop, but there were so many people at the bus stop and the traffic was heavy. I eventually got on the bus, well dressed for the crucial meeting I had in the office. Some few kilometres to the office, it started to rain heavily and I had no umbrella, I prayed quietly in my heart that the rain should stop, it did, but by the time I alighted from the bus, it started showering again, I was drenched in the rain.
Photo credit: www.telegraphindia.com

On arrival at the office, I sat at my desk, ready to change my flip-flops – I usually put my work shoes in my bag. To my surprise, I couldn’t find my work shoes, I had forgotten it at home. Here I am preparing for a meeting with pink flip-flops! I quickly asked a friend if she had some spare work shoes and she said she had taken it home. 

The meeting was to start by 2:00pm, so I had ample time to do something, as I was busy thinking about what to do, I remembered there was a store that sells shoes close to the office. I quickly walked down to the store and got myself a beautiful pair of black sandals that did the job for the day! (Hallelujah!)

In all these I see the hand of God guiding me that day, I was drenched in the rain without an umbrella, I forgot my work shoes at home, yet the Lord helped me figure out what to do and before the meeting, my wet clothes had dried. Initially I had began to feel distressed by the events of that morning, but I chose to rejoice inspite of it all and it was as I rejoiced that I remembered the store close to the office.
How we handle distressing circumstances in our walk with the Lord matters, we must choose the path of joy over complaining and murmuring or wearing a long face!

Prayer
Lord I asked that you grant me grace to rejoice in every situation. In Jesus Name. Amen.

1 comment: