Friday, July 24, 2015

El-Shaddai - The All Sufficient God

2 Corinthians 9:8 (NKJV)
8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.

Sometime in April, I got a call from one of my cousins that he would like to come over to Lagos for his 6 months Industrial Training (IT) program and he would like to stay in our home.
Great, I discussed with my hubby and we agreed he could come over, I was particular about him ensuring he got accepted into a company before making the trip, so that he wouldn't just be hanging around at home not doing anything during the 6 month period.

He arrived Lagos in June and the hunt for a company began, my hubby and I decided to assist in securing a placement for him, we made calls but it looked like none was forthcoming with a favorable response. We decided to continue praying and trusting God that He would send help.

One day my hubby asked him to accompany him for a fellowship meeting and there and then after the meeting he was able to get a favorable response from the Chairman of a bank. (Hallelujah!)

The story continues...
My younger brother (and his spouse) gave me a call shortly after that he would also like to come over to Lagos for two weeks to spend his leave. Waoh! How would I cope with a full house? I discussed with my hubby and we agreed for him to come over also.
Sincerely I didn't know how we were going to accommodate everyone, though we had extra rooms in the house, my concern was catering to the need of nine people (Six adults and 3 children) in the house!  

God is faithful, I prayed and told the Lord about my concerns and discovered that even before then, He had already given me an answer. The Lord had been instructing me some weeks ahead about revealing Himself to me as El-Shaddai, and the scripture below kept coming to mind. 


2 Corinthians 9:8 (NKJV)
And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.

During this period I was seeing posters and banners all around me that had the title  "The All Sufficient God", even a Seminar that was held in our local church had the theme "The All Sufficient God". So I decided to trust Him for provision. I remembered the story of Jesus multiplying the 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes to feed five thousand people. 

Photo credit: www.123rf.com

The striking picture that came to my mind during this period is that of a female dog breastfeeding several puppies at a time without feeling pressured. The Lord granted me grace to trust Him and almost everyday, He kept reminding me that I would have all sufficiency in all things and have abundance for every good work. He is able to do exceedingly above all I could ever ask or think. 

So I've discovered that...

  • God's pocket never runs dry, and there is no recession in heaven
  • He is ever willing to provide for us much more than we could ask or think
  • We access His provision by faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment