Tuesday, August 11, 2015

There is Power in the Name of Jesus

2 Timothy 1:7 (NKJV)
7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

On Wednesday last week, I was resting in my room in the evening, when I heard my little son screaming, I called his older brother who was playing with him in the sitting room to find out what the matter was.

He told me he accidentally poked David’s right eye with a pen, while playing. I ran out to the sitting room and behold, the eye was bleeding. Immediately, I held him close to me, put my right hand on his eye and commanded the bleeding to stop in the Name of Jesus. I took him to the bathroom and washed off the blood on his face. 

The eye had stopped bleeding, but he couldn’t open his eye, he said “Mummy I can’t see” I began praying in tongues, I called him by his name saying “David, you will not go blind, you will see.” I took him to my room, my mind was racing, what do I do next? Should I call my hubby who had gone for a prayer meeting or should I call the doctor? Which hospital can I quickly take him to that has a consultant ready to attend to him right away. In the middle of all this I kept on praying in the spirit and also saying to him “David, you will not go blind, you will see.”

I gave him some pain medication and cuddled him close to me still praying. Suddenly, he said to me “Mummy I want to play with the iPad.” I looked at his face and there was a little swelling at the corner of his eye, he said “Mummy, I can see now” I want to play. In thirty minutes, he was already playing around the house again, no more bleeding, no more pain, the swelling had almost disappeared. 

By the time my hubby returned from the meeting, we were already asleep. The next morning I narrated to him what happened and he said at about that time, a brother had raised a prayer request for children, that the Lord will protect our children, especially during the summer break.


Photo credit: http://sundownfbc.com/
I thank God for His faithfulness, and the courage He gave me to trust Him, in the midst of that situation. Honestly I believe the Spirit of the Lord took over the situation. I thank God that instead of fear, I was filled with faith and boldness to confront the situation.

The Lord took charge of the situation when the disciples feared they would drown, He got up and rebuked the wind and there was a great calm. Like my Saviour, I rebuked the bleeding in His Name, and it stopped! My journey to becoming more like Him continues, not just in character, but also in the demonstration of the Spirit and power.

1 Corinthians 2:4-5 (KJV)
4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment