Monday, August 24, 2015

God is our Refuge

Isa 59:19b (KJV)
When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him.

Last week, on my way to work in the staff bus, the enemy of our soul started bombarding my mind, with thoughts of “what the Lord is yet to do for me”, past failures – which God had forgiven me and forgotten about, my inadequacies, etc, it was like a deluge. If I were at home or somewhere secluded, it would have been easier for me to command him to stop in the Name of Jesus, or loudly declare who I am in Christ.

I couldn’t even pray in tongues out loud, because I was in the bus on my way to work. Guess what, the Holy Spirit my Helper, came to my rescue, He said to me, the enemy knows your position in Christ, you are under the rock where he can’t get at you, but can only taunt you.

Suddenly a song swelled up in my spirit and I began to sing… 

I am under the rock
The rock that’s higher than I
Jehovah hides me, I am under the rock
Go tell my enemies, I am under the rock
Jehovah hides me, I am under the rock
                                                     ...Donnie McClurkin

I could sing softly in the staff bus, even though I couldn’t pray out loudly or command the enemy to stop his barrage of attacks on my mind, I’m sure the enemy thought he had boxed me in. It is written…

Psalm 89:22 (NKJV)
22 The enemy shall not outwit him, Nor the son of wickedness afflict him.               
This happens to be one of my favorite verses in the Bible.

As I continued singing, all of a sudden, there was a great calmness in my mind, all the barraging thoughts had disappeared. I was so joyful, that the Holy Spirit, my best friend had given me another strategy to overcome!

No matter the battles of life we face, we are more than conquerors, the Holy Spirit is always there to help us overcome, we can never be boxed into a corner, He will always make a way for us, Hallelujah!




No comments:

Post a Comment