Thursday, July 14, 2016

Ask the Holy Spirit

Psalm 46:1 (NKJV)
God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.

Last week during the holidays, I wanted to mend some of the curtains in the house with the sewing machine. I fitted the electric motor, threaded the needle and everything appeared ready for me to begin. However, when I started sewing, the stitches were jagged and the thread was breaking intermittently. I tried everything to fix the issue and eventually gave up. 

Two days later I tried again, this time around I called my mum who is an experienced seamstress. In her usual manner she said “Ask the Holy Spirit”, I didn’t even think of that, I began to wonder, hmm it may take sometime for me to get feedback from Him (lol) and I needed to get this job done. Anyhow I prayed and asked the Holy Spirit to help me fix the issue with the sewing machine.
http://www.craftsbee.com


Few minutes later, He reminded me about using youtube – Eureka! I got my tablet and googled “thread keeps breaking on sewing machine” and voila I found out that I didn’t thread the machine properly.

So armed with the knowledge I sat down and re-threaded the machine and it worked. The stitches came out fine and I mended the curtains. I was ecstatic. It was also an opportunity to teach my daughter to always ask the Holy Spirit for help, she was happy that the sewing machine worked and we could mend the curtains!

Thank you Lord!



No comments:

Post a Comment