Monday, June 20, 2016

What are you standing or building on?

Matthew 7:24
24 “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock


Last week, on my way to the car park after closing from work, I had difficulty walking properly with my pointed heeled shoes (lol), the ground was wet because it had rained earlier in the day. I also had to wait for another colleague who had offered to give me a ride home.
As I stood by the gate of the car park, the heels of my shoes sunk into the ground, until I found an area with stones.


http://1.bp.blogspot.com

Immediately, the Holy Spirit opened my eyes to the learning from my experience, standing on the word of God, every other ground is sinking sand. In life, whatever we have put our confidence in will be tested. It is very easy to put confidence in man until when the unexpected happens, unfortunately it would be too late for many of us to realise our folly. 

When the Lord gives us a promise, sometimes we have to wait for a while before the promise would be fulfilled. The period between receiving the promise and the fulfillment is usually a time of testing, but we have to continually believe and confess the word of God until the time of manifestation. We must not give up.

The wise and foolish man both built houses, one of them built upon the rock, the other on sand. When the test came the wise man’s house stood firm. Building our house on the rock refers to our hearing and obeying God’s word, putting our trust and confidence in him, living by the principles of the word of God.


Luke 6: 47- 49 (NKJV)
47 Whoever comes to Me, and hears My sayings and does them, I will show you whom he is like: 48 He is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently against that house, and could not shake it, for it was founded on the rock.[h] 49 But he who heard and did nothing is like a man who built a house on the earth without a foundation, against which the stream beat vehemently; and immediately it fell.[i] And the ruin of that house was great.”

The right time to build is now! Do not wait until the time of testing or trials come, they definitely will.

No comments:

Post a Comment