Friday, February 19, 2016

Forgetting the Past

Philippians 3:13-14 (NKJV)
13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

I just recently joined the choir after a long break from being in any choir. For about 12 years I was doing “other things”, however, I knew strongly that the Lord was leading me back to the choir. For some time I began to ponder on the following, “maybe I should have joined the choir a little earlier”, “I hope I’m not late in this assignment”, I was also relishing the days I had been in the choir in the past and all the joys of fellowshipping with other singers, the adventures, ministrations, flops- yes they do happen and all that.
The Holy Spirit began to tell me that He is doing a new thing in my life. He led me to

Isaiah 43:18-19 (NKJV)
http://www.gcurley.info
18 “Do not remember the former things,
Nor consider the things of old.
19 Behold, I will do a new thing,
Now it shall spring forth;
Shall you not know it?
I will even make a road in the wilderness

And rivers in the desert.



So I have decided to walk in step with Him and keep my mind focused on what He is doing, no more clutter of the past, I look forward to the new thing He is doing and expect great things from Him in this season.
The journey has begun!
So if you’re in this space as I am, let’s walk together and trust Him as He unfolds our destiny.

Song

Lord whatever you’re doing in this season, please don’t do it without me
- Bishop Paul S. Morton

No comments:

Post a Comment