Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Walk in the Spirit - My story


John 14:16 (NKJV) And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever

About a month ago, I asked my nanny to make a dress for my daughter. I gave her some instructions on how to make it, and asked her to wait until I give her a sample, before she can go ahead with the cutting and sewing.

Last week, I got the sample ready to give her, but was shocked to discover that she had gone ahead to cut the cloth and was about to start sewing it, the style was completely different from the instructions I had given her and looked like there was no remedy.

I was bewildered and angry, I wanted to scream. I asked her why she had had gone ahead without my consent and she could not give me any concrete reason. I quickly went to my room to ask the Holy Spirit for help. I couldn't get myself to be calm and I really wanted to "walk in the spirit". I prayed out, "Holy Spirit please help me handle this issue". I felt the peace of God, in my soul and the anger dissipated. 
photo credit: http://i.imgur.com/p7HUM7r.png

I went back to see my nanny and I began to correct her calmly and told her that next time when a customer gives her some work to do, she has to get clearance before commencing the work, it turned out to be a counselling session for her on customer service!

The Holy Spirit helped me handle the situation better and at the end of the day, we both found a way of still sewing the style that was originally planned, I couldn't believe it. What the enemy intended for evil, God worked it out for good.

I've learnt that I can only walk in the spirit, by the immeasurable help of the Holy Spirit. 

Prayer
Lord help me remember that you are always there to help me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment