Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sludge of Unbelief


I'm trusting Him for something great, praying always, yet I feel the matter is not settled in my Spirit. He began to show me areas of my life that need to be dealt with.
Firstly, my intimacy with Him was questionable, then unbelief had crept in over time, building a stronghold deep within. Unbelief due to some past unmet expectations.


Interestingly I discovered I was praying without really believing, just like the brethren that prayed for Peter's release from jail without expecting results (Acts 12:5-16).


This year has been declared a year of laughter, no more sorrow at all! Psalm 126. I was in church that night and God confirmed what He had told me a couple of weeks before the watchnight service, yet I still battled with unbelief. I had to ask Him to restore my faith and confidence in Him. I felt like a sludge in the engine of my heart had been removed, Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment